D2L Module Builder
The D2L Module Builder is a tool that allows instructors to set the structure for a module, where they can then place content in a considered way, or add place-holders in advance of new content being available. Using the Module Builder is the best way to get a new module structured, and is a very useful tool for instructors reviewing their course structure. You can download an offline version of the guide below, view a video tutorial of the process below.
The benefits of using the module builder:
- Assists instructor in creating coherent module structure
- Improves coherence of module structure
- Creates the best potential experience for students
- Supports alignment of content to learning outcomes
- Encourages organising content by unit, session or week
In the example below we are basing this on a module outline which has 3 Learning Outcomes which will relate to 3 Units in the module (containing content and assessment items).
Previous: Learn how to create an assignment here.
Next: Learn how to migrate your module content using the Content Copy resource found here.