The UCD College of Business uses the Ubicast Media Server to create and host video content securely.
The Media Server allows us too:
- Locally host video content
- Publish content to the VLE (Brightspace & Blackboard) securely, only those enrolled in your module have access
- Stream video content on demand, compatible with multiple browsers and mobile devices
- Analyse viewing statistics
Screencast recordings can be made interactive through the use of navigation chapters and slide markers (allowing students to go directly to areas of interest) and also through the use of collaborative annotations (allowing students to ask questions and post comments).
The lecturer can also add activities such as polls and MCQ's to dynamically engage the student audience.
Business eLearning can set up your own personal account on the Media Server which will allow you to upload video resources or record content directly from your desktop/laptop.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
Download our setup guide or watch the video tutorial below for an overview and demonstration of UCD Media server that includes:
- Resetting your password
- Uploading your existing video content
- Securing your content
- Adding your video content to Brightspace
Webstudio is a feature of the Media Server that allows you to record directly from your PC or Laptop.
We recommend using Webstudio with the Chrome webrowser.
This tutorial will demonstrate recording video content on your laptop with Webstudio:
- Record with your webcam
- Record your desktop screen
- Record both your webcam & desktop
- Edit your recordings