Start of Trimester Resources
The resources below give further information on the educational technology tools available for you to use in your modules.
The Business eLearning team have developed a template that you can use in your modules in for all types of delivery. The template is based on best practice for blended module design. The template provides placeholder areas for introductory material, learning content, assessment information and student supports. The file is easily imported into your module and is fully editable. Each section of the template has a quick explainer section to explain its relevance to the online student learning experience.
Download the template file here.
Additional Brightspace Resources
In Brightspace, new modules are created for each trimester that the module is taught. Modules from trimesters in previous academic years are also available to module coordinators on the system.
Brightspace has the facility to copy content directly from a previous module into the current live module. Using the content copy function will reduce the time that you need to spend building your module content for the forthcoming trimester.
There are a number of assessment types available to you on Brightspace that you can use for your modules. Have a look at recent training session on assessment types in Brightspace.
Using Zoom in Brightspace
Zoom is now the recommended tool for online classes in UCD. Zoom is integrated in Brightspace and classes can be scheduled from within your module. Have a look at recent training session on conquering the virtual classroom in Brightspace.
Additional Zoom Resources
Using the Media Server
The UCD College of Business uses the Ubicast Media Server to host video content securely.
The Media Server allows us too:
- Locally host video content
- Publish content to Brightspace securely, only those enrolled in your module have access
- Stream video content on demand, compatible with multiple browsers and mobile devices
- Analyse viewing statistics
Additional Media Server Resources
- Access your Media Server account
- Host your existing video content
- Desktop recording with Webstudio
- Basic video editing on the Media Sever
- Securing your video content
- Adding your video content to Brightspace
- Make your video interactive
- Adding Collaborate Ultra Videos to your Media Server account (link to new page)
- Adding Zoom videos to your Media Server account (link to new page)
College of Business – Module Design for Online / Blended
For anyone who has not already enrolled to our self-paced module, Module Design for Online / Blended, then we invite you to register by using this link.
1. Access your Media Server account and change the default password to something secure.
Video: Accessing your Media Server account
2. If you have existing video content such as PowerPoint recordings or Quicktime screencasts, use your account to upload and host your video content securely.
Video: Adding video resources to your Media Server account
3. Record and host video content directly from your Media Server account.
Video: Create video resources with Webstudio
4. Perform basic editing tasks to your video resources such as trimming the start and end points.
Video: Basic video editing on the Media Sever
5. Control who has access to your video resources using the Permissions feature on the Media Server.
Video: Securing your video content
6. Publish your video resources securely in Brightspace.
Video: Adding your video content to Brightspace
7. Add interactivity to your video content with Poll and Quiz activities
Video: Add a Poll interaction to your video