Quinn Studios 7 & 10 Presentation Recording Rooms
Quinn Studios 7 & 10 provide technology that enable students to record (onto USB) themselves while presenting a given topic. The use of the studio is restricted to academic and research purposes only.
Selecting the Camera
- To turn on the TV unit, go to the wall mounted panel located at the side of the TV.
- Select CAMERA on the panel so your laptop will be displayed from the podium.
- Your recording will be saved to a USB stick/drive, so you must bring one with you.
- Connect your laptop at the presentation podium and your USB key to the cables clearly labelled.
- On the Crestron Capture touchscreen, press Start here to launch the Program.
Remember: your USB key must be connected in order for you to record.
- To begin recording, press Start Recording.
- The “Preparing to Record” screen will appear and recording will commence shortly after.
- Recording will begin when the lights on the touch panel go RED and the Status screen will be displayed.
Saving your Recording
- When finished recording, press Stop Recording.
- This will display the “Stop recording?” Screen and recording will temporally be paused while this screen is displayed.
- You can then select “Yes” to stop recording or “No” to continue recording.
When the recording ends the Initial screen will re-appear.
Please note: Don’t remove your USB until the red lights turn off
UROOMS – New Studio Booking System
As you are aware students must pre-book the studios in the Collaborative Workspace Q106 for group-work activities.
The room booking system has now changed to URooms.
Follow this procedure to book a studio:
Step 1 – Login to InfoHub, select the Campus menu and choose Book a Studio Room in Quinn College of Business.
Step 2 – Now enter the Date, Start time and Duration for which you wish to book the room.
Step 3 – Once you have searched and you can select the studio and click Book.
Step 4 – You should then read the terms and conditions and select the purpose for your booking.
Step 5 – You will receive an email to confirm your booking.
Note: as per the previous system, bookings can be cancelled if the rooms are required for college bookings.
Wireless screen sharing with your Laptop or mobile device
- In order to use the wireless projection function in Studio 7 or 10, you first need to connect to the eduroam network.
- For details on connecting a Window 10 laptop, click here
- For details on connecting an apple laptop (macbook), click here
- For details on connecting an iOS device (ipad), click here
- For details on connecting an Android Smartphone (Samsung Galaxy A3) click here
A quick guide detailing the process can be found here
Connecting using your Laptop
- You will need to select button ‘A’ from the wall panel,
- If you don’t see the Coalesce Blackbox welcome screen, wait for about 5 seconds and press button ‘A’ again
- Ensure your laptop or device is connected to the eduroam Wi-Fi network
- If you are using your laptop, type the URL that you see on screen into your browser address bar
- Click Connect to download the Coalesce client
- The setup file will normally be saved in your Downloads folder, locate and launch the file
- You will only need to do this step once, the installation process will install a Coalesce icon on your desktop.
- In future, click the Coalesce desktop icon in any studio once installed
- Enter your name or a name for your device
- Click Continue
- Enter the Screen Key as displayed on the plasma screen
- The Screen Key is unique to your session and will automatically regenerate when you have disconnected
- Click OK
- Choose what you want to share!
- Click Share Desktop to display your device
- Click Share Window to display an application
- Click Share File to display a file such as an image
- Up to 4 devices can display simultaneously, the screen will resize dynamically
- To end the session simply click Stop Sharing and then Disconnect
- When connecting in future, launch the coalesce app from the desktop and select recently configured Studios
- The application will remember visited Studios making it quick and easy to connect
- To get started in a new Studio, simply launch the desktop Coalesce app, select the Enter IP tab and enter the IP address that you see displayed on the new Studio screen.
- The IP address is the numbers displayed on the welcome screen, in this example 220.127.116.11
- Click GO
Connecting Using a Mobile Device
- If you are using your mobile device, go to the App or Play store and search for Coalesce client
- Install and open the app & enter you name when prompted
- If it’s your first time to use the app enter the IP address for the room – you’ll see this on the plasma TV screen, it’s a number starting with 137.xx.xx.xx
- Enter the screen key as displayed on the plasma screen
- For iOS users, enable Airplay and mirroring on your device