Studios 2 & 3 Technology Guide
The Studios provide technology-enabled conference facilities for student teams to collaborate. The use of the studio is restricted to academic and research purposes only.
Using the Plasma TV
- The LG Plasma TV is controlled by a Panel mounted on the wall to side of the display. Please note that the TVs have no sound .
- The ON/OFF buttons controls the power.
- The Laptop button changes the input of the display screen.
Wireless screen sharing with your Laptop or mobile device
In order to use the wireless projection function in Studio 2 or 3, you first need to connect to the eduroam network.
- For details on connecting a Window 10 laptop, click HERE
- For details on connecting an apple laptop (macbook), click HERE
- For details on connecting an iOS device (ipad), click HERE
- For details on connecting an Android Smartphone (Samsung Galaxy A3) click HERE
Connecting using your Laptop
- You will need to select button 'A' from the wall panel,
- If you don't see the Coalesce Blackbox welcome screen, wait for about 5 seconds and press button 'A' again
- If you are using your laptop, type the URL that you see on screen into your browser address bar
- Download the Coalesce client (you will only need to do this once)
- Run the download file (you will only need to do this once)
- Enter the Room key as displayed on the plasma screen
- Choose what you want to share!
Connecting Using a Mobile Device
- If you are using your mobile device, go to the App or Play store and search for Coalesce client
- Install and open the app & enter you name when prompted
- If it's your first time to use the app enter the IP address for the room - you'll see this on the plasma TV screen, it's a number starting with 137.xx.xx.xx, you won't have to do this step again
- Enter the screen key as displayed on the plasma screen
- For iOS users, enable Airplay and mirroring on your device, for Android users simply choose what you want to share on screen
UROOMS – New Studio Booking System
As you are aware students must pre-book the studios in the Collaborative Workspace Q106 for group-work activities.
The room booking system has now changed to URooms.
Follow this procedure to book a studio:
Step 1 – Login to InfoHub, select the Campus menu and choose Book a Studio Room in Quinn College of Business.
Step 2 – Now enter the Date, Start time and Duration for which you wish to book the room.
Step 3 - Once you have searched and you can select the studio and click Book.
Step 4 - You should then read the terms and conditions and select the purpose for your booking.
Step 5 - You will receive an email to confirm your booking.
Note: as per the previous system, bookings can be cancelled if the rooms are required for college bookings.