Studios 1 & 4 Presentation Recording Rooms
Studios 1 & 4 provide technology that enable students to record (onto USB) themselves while presenting a given topic. The use of the studio is restricted to academic and research purposes only.
Selecting the Camera
- To turn on the TV unit, go to the wall mounted panel located at the side of the TV.
- Select CAMERA on the panel so your laptop will be displayed from the podium.
- Your recording will be saved to a USB stick/drive, so you must bring one with you.
- Connect your laptop at the presentation podium and your USB key to the cables clearly labelled.
- On the Crestron Capture touchscreen, press Start Here to launch the Program.
Remember: your USB key must be connected in order for you to record.
- To begin recording, press Start Recording.
- The "Preparing to Record" screen will appear and recording will commence shortly after.
- Recording will begin when the lights on the touch panel go RED and the Status screen will be displayed.
Saving your Recording
- When finished recording, press Stop Recording.
- This will display the "Stop recording?" Screen and recording will temporally be paused while this screen is displayed.
- You can then select "Yes" to stop recording or "No" to continue recording.
When the recording ends the Initial screen will re-appear.
Please note: Don’t remove your USB until the red lights turn off
UROOMS – New Studio Booking System
As you are aware students must pre-book the studios in the Collaborative Workspace Q106 for group-work activities.
The room booking system has now changed to URooms.
Follow this procedure to book a studio:
Step 1 – Login to InfoHub, select the Campus menu and choose Book a Studio Room in Quinn College of Business.
Step 2 – Now enter the Date, Start time and Duration for which you wish to book the room.
Step 3 - Once you have searched and you can select the studio and click Book.
Step 4 - You should then read the terms and conditions and select the purpose for your booking.
Step 5 - You will receive an email to confirm your booking.
Note: as per the previous system, bookings can be cancelled if the rooms are required for college bookings.