Blackboard is the Learning Management System (LMS) used within UCD.
Blackboard as a service is managed by IT Services. IT services are responsible for Account management, Module setup and Module student enrolments on Blackboard.
Some useful information:
Account Management -
- IT Services are responsible for the student and staff accounts and student enrolment process.
Module setup -
- IT Services are responsible for module setup; they have a simple online form you can fill out if you wish to create a module on Blackboard click here.
- Module Co-Ordinators are responsible for tutor/lecturer enrolments and manage this via the MAM system. Click here for more information.
The Business eLearning team are here to support the College of Business faculty and professional staff in the use of Blackboard. We are here to help you design your modules and assessments within Blackboard, and to offer support and expert advice in the use of Blackboard tools such as:
- Safe Assign
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- Setting up Groups
- Assignment submission
- Running Online Tests & MCQs
We can also help you to design a student centric module, offering advice in:
- Content design
- Content placement & module navigation
- Accessibility considerations and
- Digital Assessment design
You should wish to contact our team you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your query within 24 hours (Monday-Friday).
Please include the Module Code and some information relation to the issue/request.