Blackboard: Creating Module Links
A course link is a shortcut to an existing area, tool, or item in a course.
You can add course links to a content area, learning module, lesson plan, folder, the course menu, and within some tools. For example, if you have created all assignments in their own Content Area, you can create course links to individual assignments in other areas of the course, such as in a unit folder or Learning Module.
If you create a course link to a tool that is not turned on, users accessing the course link see a message that the tool is not turned on. The same is true of a course link to a content item that has adaptive release applied to it. Users who are not permitted to access the content because of a rule receive a message informing them that access to the content is not permitted.
Creating the Link
- Change Edit Mode to ON.
- Access a content area, learning module, lesson plan, or folder.
- On the action bar, point to "Build Content" to access the drop-down list.
- Select "Course Link".
- On the Create Course Link page click "Browse" to find the course item you want to link to.
- In the pop-up Course Map, select the item.
- The Name and Location text boxes are populated automatically on the Create Course Link page.
- Optionally, edit the Name and select the color of the link. The name appears as a link in the course area.
- Optionally, type instructions or a description in the Description box. You can use the content editor functions to format the text and include files, images, web links, multimedia, and mashups. Any files you upload from your computer are saved in Course Files or the Content Collection in the top-level folder. Attachments you upload using the Content Editor can be launched in a new window and can include alternate text to describe the attachment.
- Select Options:
- Select "Yes" to Permit Users to View this Content.
- Select "Yes" to Track Number of Views.
- For "Enter Date and Time Restrictions", you can set the Course Link to display on a specific date and time and to stop displaying on a specific date and time. Select the Display After and Display Until check boxes to enable the date and time selections. Type dates and times in the boxes or use the pop-up "Date Selection Calendar" and "Time Selection" Menu to select dates and times. Display restrictions do not affect Course Link availability, only when it appears.
- Click "Submit".