How to Create an Item
You can use content items to present a variety of course material.
- Change Edit Mode to ON.
- Access a content area, learning module, lesson plan, or folder.
- On the action bar, point to “Build Content” to access the drop-down list.
- Select "Item".
- On the "Create Item" page, type a Name for the item.
- Optionally, in the Text box, type instructions or a description. You can use the content editor functions to format the text and include files, images, web links, multimedia, and mashups. Any files you upload from your computer are saved in Course Files or the Content Collection in the top-level folder. Attachments you upload using the Content Editor can be launched in a new window and can include alternate text to describe the attachment. In the Attachments section, you can attach additional files. Optionally, type names for the attached files. If you do not provide link names, the file names are used.
- Alternatively, in the Attachments section, attach a file using one of the following options. These files appear in the item before any Content Editor content. To email a link to a file you are including in a content item, you must first submit the content item so the file can be assigned a permanent URL. In the Content Collection or Course Files, click the file's Action Link and select 360° View. Copy the permanent URL address and paste it in an email.
- To upload a file from your computer, click "Browse My Computer".
- To upload a file from the course's storage repository:
- If Course Files is the course's storage repository, click "Browse Course" -OR-
- If your school licenses content management, click "Browse Content Collection".
- Select "Options" for the item.
- Select "Yes" to Permit Users to View this Content.
- Select "Yes" to Track Number of Views.
- For "Enter Date and Time Restrictions", you can set items to display on a specific date and time and to stop displaying on a specific date and time. Select the “Display After“ and “Display Until” check boxes to enable the date and time selections. Type dates and times in the boxes or use the pop-up Date Selection Calendar and Time Selection Menu to select dates and times. Display restrictions do not affect item availability, only when it appears.
- Click "Submit".