Blackboard: Add a Weblink
How to Create a Web Link
Create a website link in a course area to provide quick access to a resource on the internet.
Copy the URL from your browser and paste it into this page.
After you upload a file, you can click Select a Different File to delete the file you linked.
- Change Edit Mode to ON and access a content area or folder.
- On the action bar, point to Build Content and click Web Link.
- On the Create Web Link page, type a Name for the link that will display in the course area.
- Type a URL. Use the http:// protocol, such as http://www.myinstitution.edu/.
- Click Browse My Computer to upload a file from your computer. You can also upload a file from the course's storage repository:
- If Course Files is the course's storage repository, click Browse Course.-OR-
- If your institution licenses content management, click Browse Content Collection.
- Set the Options:
- Click Yes to Permit Users to View this Content.
- Click Yes for Open in New Window to display the content in a new browser window.
- Click Yes to Track Number of Views.
- Select the Display After and Display Until check boxes to enable the date and time selections. Display restrictions do not affect item availability, only when it appears.
- Click Submit.